Monday, March 25, 2013

A Fresh Success!

The pain had finally begun to subside and the rest of my body is sufficiently rehabilitated. I can give karate 110% again.

We have been sparring, kicking, break-falling, and worming on kata.

Because I put so much energy into tonight I need to rest but I wanted to get an update in.

Things to work on: not short-circuiting when anyone assumes I can't do something, rather than asking. My classmates are incredible at rising to the occasion. I have to work very hard to not feel like having Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is a dirty little secret. If I need my crutches, I need to advocate for myself and not let anybody worry about how it might distract others. It's a reasonable accommodation and if I ever truly want to be safe, I need to learn to fight with--and for--all modalities of adaptation.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment