Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Zebro Warrior Challenge: Day 3

The first two days were a cakewalk. It was easy to get all my steps in, practice my kata, do my physiotherapy, mokuso, set and meet an intention, and so on. It was easy because I didn't have to work. Just medical appointments all day and evenings at the dojo. Then today hit.

My intention for today was to keep eating small amounts of foods, leading with carbohydrates in order to keep the body in a constant state of peristalsis (active digestion). It seems to have gone well. Nothing came up and I did have sustained energy. I'll tell you, though, I am tired of eating. It's stressful stuff.

Today was a very full day of work. I didn't do as much on my checklist today. But I had an incredibly stressful day and I think this is a day when my body needs new to mind it gently, as I am also getting sick.

I'm trying to stay focused on the future. I really am. But my feelings for the past are coming up on me with a vengeance. I'm determined to hand them over to heaven without delivering myself there as well. But it's brutal.

My muscles feel fine. I don't have the stamina I had a day ago, so I must be fatigued. The stress of work isn't helping that, either. I would like to find ways to modulate my work day so that I take breaks more evenly and take better care of my stress levels while I'm there. I think that will help my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment