Sunday, January 5, 2014

Zebro Warrior Challenge!

Tomorrow morning marks Day One of my Zebro Warrior Challenge!  This is my own EDS-mitigating wellness challenge based on the concepts set by the Defensive Arts Dojo Warrior Fitness Challenge.  I live in Baltimore and Defensive Arts Dojo is in Buffalo, but it's where I got my start, so I want to show my gratitude by being involved.  I also want to show gratitude to the dojo that has taken me all the way to my green belt, Warriors of Grace Karate, by taking responsibility for my best possible health and effort, in and out of the dojo.


The main concepts with which I am working are:

  • Strength
  • Endurance
  • Stamina


Goals

  • Strength
    • Work up to and sustain physiotherapy, 3 reps of 8, 3x/wk, with 1lb. weights
  • Endurance
    • 5 of each kata I know, two at full speed and power, 2x/wk outside of karate class
  • Stamina
    • Identify 3 easy energy, low/easy vomit foods that can sustain me when I am too sick to prepare meals
    • Eat dinner every night before 7:30pm


Strategies (ahem, strategem)


  • When well
    • 5x5 exercise plan: 5 min 5x/day
    • Mokuso (meditation)
    • Bed at 10:30pm
  • When unwell
    • Stay hydrated
    • Stay up and at 'em as much as necessary, but allow time to heal
    • Stay connected with my support network
    • Mokuso (meditation) and reflection during rest, positive thinking
    • Keep blood pressure above 100/55 with salt, broth and saline

I am sure to over-complicate this, so I'm posting it publicly with the hopes that various individuals (yeah, you) will check in and walk beside me to my goals, because then I will be in the best company.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment