Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Breakfast

Karate starts on Saturday mornings at 8am. My mother was in town to help me clean my house and make it nice for me. We spent the morning talking about my future.

Anyone who has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome knows how hard and painful mornings are. My dojo does not ignore the grunts and adaptations, but rather, encourages me to adapt and keep up in my own way.  I skipped karate on Saturday to be with Mom and I'm glad I did. Quality time is as rare as EDS.  We enjoyed the chat and had a couple of little adventures around town before her flight.

But today I wanted to join my karateka in my heart. I got up early, hydrated, put my bones in place, and hopped up to the wii. It took 45 minutes to get a 19-minute workout, plus a rest on the couch after. But I did it!

On Sundays I make myself a big breakfast- toast, coffee, grape, and spinach with egg and cheese. (It's supposed to be an egg scramble and spinach is supposed to be a garnish, I think, but I really love spinach.)

I'm excited about karate tomorrow because I will not have missed a beat, physiologically speaking.  If I miss Saturday karate that's five days before I have karate again on Monday, so it helps to have something else to do. I can get a better workout if I exercise in the evenings, though something carnal inside me argues that working out in the morning has is own importance; it's much harder to workout in the morning. Such is true for anyone on some level, especially if it's been a while.

Start where you are, keep it up, and stay again when you need to, right from where you are at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment